- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 box Ronzoni smart taste rotini pasta
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 12 ounce s boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cup s diced roma tomatoes
- 2 tbs coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook about 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add chicken and cook about 6 to 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in tomatoes and bell pepper, and let simmer, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes. Stir in parsley, basil, crushed red pepper, vinegar, salt and pepper. Additional crushed red pepper may be added, if desired.
4. Add pasta and toss to coat. Serve immediately topped with cheese, if desired.